Thursday, March 11, 2010

Worthington Works

I haven't done an outfit post in a while, but the other day I was inspired by Lauren over at Blooming Leopold Vintage with a post she did on making shorts from pleated pants. I decided to unertake this task myself, but I modified the criteria and style a little bit. I didn't really bother trying to find a certain kind of pants, but just went thrifting for anything. And these are what I found:
Basically I just cut them off and cuffed them. I ended up having a cuff about 2 inches wide, I think. I stichted them on both sides and ta da! I'm rather proud of them. It was my first attempt at making anything like that from pants and I was nervous I was going to mess them up. But I did allll right.

And the finished product:

Blouse - Maurice's
Tank - Hollister
Cardigan - Saddlebred Men's Wear
Shorts - Worthington Works pants (modified by me)
Tights - Claire's
Shoes - Madeline
Necklace - Maurice's

PS. Do you like my front door? It's gorgeous on a rainy day like this. :)

2 comments:

  1. man alive, you are so pretty and your shorts are so cute! and they're much better as shorts, too.. great job.

    isn't it amazing what you can find at the thrift store?

    ReplyDelete
  2. your view is incredible!

    love what you did with the shorts, really made for a great look. i did this to a pair of men's pants last year and i loved them...but come to think of it, i don't know where those things walked off to. maybe i'll have to make another pair!

    ReplyDelete